Wednesday, August 4, 2010







Recipes

This summer, we have thoroughly enjoyed cucumber dip with pita chips. At first, I had reluctantly bought bagged pita chips (expensive) and then I got smart and decided to make my own. If you notice in the past blog, Publix had their pita bread B1G1. Needless to say, I made enough pita chips to fill and gallon and a half gallon bag. The cost was only $1.29 and they were FANTASTIC!!!


12 loaves of pita bread (I used white)
salt (1/4 tsp)
pepper (1/4 tsp)
olive oil (1/2 c)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut pita bread into 8 triangles and spread out on a cookie sheet lined cookie sheet. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, salt and pepper. Brush mixture onto each pita bread triangle. Bake 7 minutes---watch closely because they tend to burn quickly. Let cool on wire rack.


After having bought three boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios in the past couple of weeks, I decided to search the internet in hopes of finding a cereal bar recipe. Cooks.com had a recipe and it turned out GREAT!! Instead of bars, I cut mine into squares. Try and enjoy!!

On our way to a weekend getaway at the lake, we stopped by our church and picked this fantastic basket of pears. I think a pear pie is in the making...picture and recipe coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment